Sunday, April 4, 2010

Walk On

Mission complete . . . AJ is walking. Now, hopefully I will lose the rest of my baby weight because she is EVERYWHERE. In one minute, she has walked across the room and is in to something she shouldn't be into, like turning on the television, grabbing for picture frames, and opening cabinets. (Again, I really need to finish baby proofing this place!)

The process of learning to walk was a long one. I had thought that as soon as AJ took her first steps that she would off and running. But, I feel like it has been a 3-4 month process. AJ first started cruising (while holding on to furniture), then she took some tentative first steps. In the last few weeks, her confidence has increased and AJ has been taking more risks. She has even learned to stand up on her own, without support. When AJ walks, she shakes her hands in a "v" in front of her. It is the cutest thing. She is sooooo proud of herself and we are so proud too. Pretty soon she will be running around! Watch out!

2 comments:

J's mom said...

Yay, AJ! I just finished my post and read yours. I can't believe they're both walking. Can't wait til they can run around together!

Marge said...

Congrats to A.J.! Another milestone. Condolences to Mom and Dad - life, as you know it, is over but still a lot of fun.
Love,
Nonna