Thursday, June 4, 2009

Skype is awesome!

Before baby AJ's arrival, we discovered the joys of Skype with my family. I would keep my family up-to-date on my pregnancy (and belly) with live chats and I looked forward to catching up with my adorable nieces. In fact, E and A used to ask my sister if they could watch Kiki, just like they watch Dora!

Earlier this week, I skyped with my nieces and Uncle John, with AJ strapped into her Baby Bjorn. When AJ got a little fussy, I told E and A that singing songs helps AJ calm down. Immediately, they started singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. (Little kids singing could be the cutest thing ever!) And, low and behold, AJ stopped crying! As soon as they stopped singing, AJ started up again. Then, E and A sang a little Taylor Swift, quite a progression from Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Again, like magic, AJ was calmed. It was so much fun to watch the girls interact with one another.

Tomorrow, we are traveling cross country to visit my family! Although I am quite nervous for the plane ride with baby AJ, I can't wait to see my family in person. Skype is cool, but it surely doesn't beat the real thing!

2 comments:

Slacker Mama said...

I'm so sad that I missed you and AJ on Skype...as well as my girls' excellent calming skills!

We're *very* excited for y'all to come! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the excitement is building on the East coast! We're ready! Let the fun begin!
Love,
Nonna